CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Name: Beyra Trejo Date: June 5th 2008

Project Reflection Project Title: Renaissance Project Class: Humanities


PURPOSE:

The purpose of this project was to learn about Renaissance and people that made a difference, at that point of life, I got to be Pieter Brueghel. In order to learn about Pieter Brueghel I did some research on him, and wrote a Autobiography. I learned alot about my person and how he made a difference in life, like how he was one of few Flemish artist that got to express more than just religion on art but he's feels, and what he thinks should be expressed. The Biography was about 3-5 pages long. We had to show what we knew about our person, at the Renaissance Ball, to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. The project also ended up teaching us how to dance Pavan, dressed as our person.

WHAT I LEARNED

My person was, Pieter Brueghel he was born in 1525, in the Southern Netherlands. Pieter Brueghel grew up in a large family of artist, him being one of the best artists in the family. He lived with his brother, Jan “Velvet” Brueghel, his uncle Jan Brueghel II, he also lived with his mother and father but there names are unknown. Pieter’s family was active for four generations in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Pieter then got married to Mayken in 1550. He made many paintings and had a very well education, and was very successful.

REFLECTION

I really enjoyed doing this project because it taught me alot about the Renaissance, and about many people who made a difference. I also really liked having the experience, to learn how to dance the Pavan. I thought that this was a really fun way to learn about our person. I enjoyed going around talking to people about myself, as if my person was talking to them. I think that I could of put a bit more effort into the biography. Next time I thin that I could of used my time more wisley. Overall I really enjoyed dressing up as my person and learning so much about him.

ARTIFACTS

I think that I would post my biography on my blog with some pictures of my person and people dancing at the ball.

0 comments: